Last updated 01/05/2017 3:50pm
The 1066 Line recreates the 32 mile Sussex/Kent main line between Hastings and Tonbridge via Battle, Robertsbridge and Tunbridge Wells. The route has 13 stations with the additions of St Leonards West Marina Carriage Sheds, Mountfield Quarry and Tonbridge West Yard.
The route has one Free Roam scenario and is QuickDrive compatible in both directions.There are normal passenger QuickDrive routes, as well as an empty-stock QuickDrive path to St Leonards West Marina and also some more unusual non-passenger routes starting/ending at Tonbridge West Yard and denoted in the QuickDrive menu by the prefix “[Freight]”. Also included are some updated QuickDrive consists for the Class 421 “4CIG” EMU in Jaffa Cake livery, which allows this unit to appear as AI in QuickDrive scenarios.
· DTG Chatham Main Line: London—Gillingham Add-On (Steam)
· DTG Kent High Speed: London—Faversham Add-On (Steam)
· DTG North Somerset Add-on (Steam)
· DTG AP Station Pack (Steam—included in Doncaster Works, Falmouth Branch, Portsmouth Direct Line, Northeast Corridor, Horseshoe Curve, Woodhead, Trains Vs Zombies 2, Western Lines of Scotland, WCML Over Shap, and Pietmaritzburg to Ladysmith.) YOU ONLY NEED AT LEAST ONE OF THESE!
· DTG Class 421 “4CIG” London & Southeast Jaffa Cake Pack (Steam)
· DTG MP02 Town Scenery Pack (Steam)
· DPS Glass Platform Shelter Pack & DPS Route Building Pack 01 (http://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/scenery.html)
All other assets are contained within the installation.
PLEASE NOTE: The route may not function without all of these additional add-ons present, and the installer will check whether they are installed.
- the tunnel hole at the St Leonard's end of Hastings tunnel may randomly appear and disappear. I have replaced the hole decal several times but this hasn't fixed the problem.
- the Tonbridge West Yard exit signal is correctly set up but won't show a green aspect or theatre code. I think the trackwork is too complex for the script and probably requires a custom script to be made in the future. In the meantime, just obtain permission to pass the signal at danger by pressing the "TAB" key.
I would like to thank Video 125 for producing the 1066 Line cab ride from 1988.
I would like to thank members of the Preserved Thumpers Facebook Group, and especially to Daniel Dowling who was kind enough to share copies of a 1957 timetable for the route.
I would like to thank my beta-testers:
· James Crellin
· Mark Newbury
· Phillip Marshall
· Ash Bickley
· Johnny Best
Thanks also go to Derek Siddle for the original station signs.
ADDITIONAL: Sometimes SmartScreen Filter may block the download because of the low download count. The file is safe so you should be able to allow the file through. For more information on SmartScreen Filtering, see: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/smartscreen-filter-frequently-asked-questions-ie9
Your email address will remain confidential and not be shared with any 3rd party.